Environmentally Friendly Manufacturing
Trailer Engineering takes pride in the manufacturing of products in which can be recycled to reduce the impact of waste on the global environment. As manufactures we are responsible for producing sustainable products in which have a long-lasting lifetime and reliability whilst also ensuring when the product is no longer needed it can be recycled so the waste does not have a devastating impact to the environment.
Trailer Engineering's fuel tanks and water tanks are manufactured from a virgin polyethylene otherwise known as a HDPE or High-density polyethylene, this form of polyethylene ensures long-life reliability, unrivalled strength for durability and flexibility.
Following many years in service, the customer may no longer require the product and therefore will want to either sell the product for further use or if not cost-effective they may want to dispose of the product responsibly.
To eliminate the waste impact on the environment the fuel bowser or water bowser polyethylene tanks can be recycled into other plastic products. The most common products manufactured from recycled polyethylene are tables, plastic lumber, roadside curbs, benches, cargo liners for lorries, stationary (rulers) and rubbish bins.
Benefits Of Environmentally Friendly Manufacturing
Other parts of the fuel bowser or water bowser such as the metalwork including the outer bunds of fuel bowsers or trailer chassis can also be recycled into other steel products.
Research conducted by the US Environmental Protection Agency showed that recycling scrap metals including steel are beneficial to the environment as scrap metal can be used to replace virgin iron ore in which can see:
- 40% reduction in water use
- 75% savings in energy
- 76% reduction in water pollution
- 86% reduction in air pollution
- 90% savings in raw materials used
- 97% reduction in mining wastes
The research also found that for every one ton of new steel manufactured from scrap metal it would save:
- 53 kg of limestone
- 625 kg of coal
- 1,115 kg of iron ore
Have A Question: Get In touch?
Our Enviromental Stratergy
Trailer Engineering Limited cares about the environment in all its forms and recognises that environmental effects must be an integral part of the company business.
Trailer Engineering is committed to minimising the impact of its operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement, in particular, Trailer Engineering:
- Meet and, where reasonable, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation
- Integrate environmental factors into business decisions
- Include environmental issues in training programmes and encourage sound environmental practices by all members of staff
- Reuse rather than dispose whenever possible and promote recycling and the use of recycled products
- Market products that make efficient use of resources and which can be reused or recycled so far, as is reasonably practicable
- Work with our suppliers to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment
- Minimise visual, noise and other impacts on the local environment
- Respond to concerns of the local community and interested parties
Trailer Engineering also recognise the importance of controlling its impact on the environment for a sustainable future.
The organisation will take into consideration:
- Employee welfare
- Health and safety
- Community development
- Protection of the public
- The environmental aspects and impacts of its operations
- Current best practises
To do this effectively and credibly, the organisation will communicate with its stakeholders, e.g. government, clients, employees, business partners and local communities and will recognise and consider their interests.
Trailer Engineering will Live within environmental limits by respecting the limits of the earths resources and biodiversity to improve our environment and ensure that the natural resources needed for life are unimpaired and remain so for future generations.